The CS Department offers 2 HPC (High Performance Computing) Clusters:
The HPCD Cluster is a group of 35 Dell PowerEdge Servers:
- 32 compute nodes are Dell PowerEdge R410 machines with 2 Xeon E5504 processor - 2.0 GHz and 16GB of RAM
- The head node is a Dell PowerEdge R410 with 2 Xeon E5520 processor - 2.7GHz. and 8GB of RAM
- 1 Dell PowerEdge R510 with 2 Xeon E5530 processor - 2.4 GHz and 16GB of RAM is utilized as a pvfs2 I/O node
- 1 Dell PowerEdge R410 with 2 Xeon E5520 processors - 2.7GHz and 8GB of RAM is the pvfs2 metadata node
The head node is named hpcd and subsequent nodes are named as compute-0-0 and so on till compute-0-31. hpcd.cs.odu.edu is a canonical name for the head node.
The HPCQ Cluster is a group of 17 Dell PowerEdge Servers running a 64-bit Linux Operating System:
- 16 Dell PowerEdge 1435SC machines with 2 processor each ( Quad-Core Opteron at 2.6 GHz ) and 16GB of Physical RAM
- The Head Node is A Dell PowerEdge 2850 with 2 Quad-Core Opteron processors at 2.6 GHz and 16GB of Physical RAM.
The head node is named hpcq.local and subsequent nodes are named as compute-0-0 and so on till compute-0-15. hpcq.cs.odu.edu is a canonical name for the head node.
For further information please visit CS HPC Clusters portal